Higher level library based on the Connection Library

  • Peter Michaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2006

      The Yahoo! Connection library is low-level and very flexible. This
      makes it cumbersome for routine things that the Prototype.js library
      function Ajax.Updater() makes very simple. For example, Ajax.Updater()
      automatically evaluates anything in the Ajax response that is between
      script tags. Also it can take either an element id or a DOM element as
      it's argument to update. I've reverted back to using the Prototype.js
      library for now because after a day of working with the Yahoo!
      Connection library I was still trying to figure out how to do some
      otherwise one line things.

      Is there a plan for the Yahoo! UI team to release a higher level
      Connection library based on the current one?

      Thanks,
      Peter