Re: [ydn-javascript] Fixing the back button

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      michael.aram,

      The current release of YUI does not contain support for history management.  We have said in our most recent roadmap updates that we expect to debut a utility to assist with back-button and bookmarking management in the next version of YUI, due next month.

      This is a complicated problem from a library perspective, and supporting all of the A-Grade browsers http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/gbs.html is a significant technical challenge.  That said, we still believe we're on track to release a history utility for the community to begin looking at in the February release.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Feb 1, 2007, at 3:14 PM, michael.aram wrote:

      I was wondering how to fix the well-known "browser back button"
      problem using YUI....

      GWT and Dojo (io.bind) offer solutions for that. but how do I
      implement this "history and bookmark" support using YUI?

      thx in advance