Menubar problems with body set to margins: 0 padding: 0

  • Elizabeth Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      I'm trying to put together a layout that needs the body margins and
      padding set to 0. However this appears to make a menubar lose it's
      mind :)

      I'm currently using no other additional CSS but body {margin: 0;
      padding:0;} and a js generated menubar (with position: static OR
      position:absolute) - the first flyout menu is always indented about 5px
      to the right of its parent LI element (it's not lined up properly) -
      all the subsequent menus cooperate, just the first on has the indent
      issue. This happens in IE7, 6, and Firefox 2. Removing the body
      declaration solves the issue (but then the whole page is screwed up)

      Even the current examples have this bug -
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/applicationmenubar.html

      Anybody have a workaround? It's driving me crazy