Calendar Images override

  • jpdavenportjr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      I override the menu images with local copies, which means I override
      the IMG_ROOT, also. I'd like to do so on calendar.js, but I can't
      because the images are hard coded instead of prototyped.

      Will these images be prototyped in future versions? It's a very nice
      design, and I'd like to see it be standardized in all the libraries.

      Thanks,
      Jacob
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007

        Hi Jacob,

        Calendar currently provides 2 configuration properties:  NAV_ARROW_LEFT, NAV_ARROW_RIGHT  to configure the left/right arrow images.

        The CLOSE icon, unfortunately, is not exposed as a configuration, class or object property. It can be customized as a workaround by changing the IMG_ROOT  (which calendar also exposes) to point to your own root location and then replicating the default subdirectory path/filename for the close button.  Admittedly this is messy.

        We're actually in the process of evaluating how our components pull in supporting image assets and we're leaning towards a CSS based solution which some of our components currently use and for others will be pushed out in upcoming releases.

        Regards,

        Satyen