Top Nav with Submenus "jumps"

  • finnishbay
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      On a client website I'm using top nav menu with markup. The menu works
      otherwise fine but when the page loads all submenus are visible until
      the page is fully rendered. This makes an ugly jump effect almost
      every time when the page is accessed. It doesn't jump each time but
      most of them time.

      I'm using the original CSS with background color changes, markup and
      executing the menu object creating after the markup itself. I suspect
      this to have something with CSS, submenus should be display:none right?

      I'd like to hear some ideas why it jumps. You can see the problem at
      http://www.modifia.fi/
    • ran_domthoughts
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
        I am encountering this same issue, the yui examples also show this
        jumping in both FF and IE for me.
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html
        Has anyone solved this? I changed many CSS styles to see if it affected
        it, but changing the CSS for "img" only affects it after the initial
        shifting / jumping of the menu to the right.