Disable browser caching when using yahoo ajax

  • Lakshmi Subramanian
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007

      Hi All,

      I would want to know how I will disable the browser cache when using the yahoo’s Ajax .

      Thanks & Regards

      Lakshmi , Subramanian
      Senior Associate Technology,Hotels.com Team| Sapient
      Bangalore, India

      desk:+91.80.41047615
      mobile: +91.9845576076

      e-mail: lsubramanian2@...

    • carltondickson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Don't know if this will help but I had a similar problem in that the
        XML returned by a PHP service I had appeared to be cached and not
        always correct.

        I had to add this to the generation of the XML

        header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
        header("content-type: application/xml");
        echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-15"?>';
        echo 'xml here';

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Lakshmi Subramanian"
        <lsubramanian2@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >

        > I would want to know how I will disable the browser cache when using the
        > yahoo's Ajax.
        >
        > Thanks & Regards
        >
        > Lakshmi , Subramanian
        > Senior Associate Technology,Hotels.com Team| Sapient
        > Bangalore, India
        > desk:+91.80.41047615
        > mobile: +91.9845576076
        > e-mail: lsubramanian2@...

      • randomjuju
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          If you don't have control over the headers, you might also fiddling
          with the URL in some way. For example, you might request do something
          like this:

          ...asyncRequest('GET', 'http://my.data.source/data.php?nocache=' + new
          Date().getTime(), ...);

          The browser will think something new is being requested every time and
          won't cache as a result.

          Hope that helps!

          -Jon

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "carltondickson"