problems using tabview with Firefox

  • zoe_is_free
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
      I am using a separate javascript to run my side flyout menus so that I
      can use the tabview.css and module_tabs.css and corresponding java
      files for the tab display. I finally got the page to work in both IE6
      and 7, but the tabs distort in Firefox

      http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/idtest.htm

      it is the same with round_tabs.css as well
    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007

        It looks like you are using some custom markup for your tabs.

        For the default styles to be applied it expects a tab to be markup as follows:

        Matt

        zoe_is_free wrote:
        I am using a separate javascript to run my side flyout menus so that I
        can use the tabview.css and module_tabs.css and corresponding java
        files for the tab display. I finally got the page to work in both IE6
        and 7, but the tabs distort in Firefox

        http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/idtest.htm

        it is the same with round_tabs.css as well

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • zoe_is_free
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2007
          Thank you Matt, I would have never guessed that the centering and
          strong tags were what was doing it.
          I took them out and it works perfectly.
          I put the final page up today.
          thanks

          http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/id.htm

          I had been working on a different page using yahoo menus and tabs,
          but the menu css was giving me headaches *smile*
          I abandoned it for now when your advice fixed my working page
          thanks again

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Matt Sweeney <msweeney@...>