Tooltip alignment

  • mbolesta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
      I'd like to make my tooltip appear to the top right of my context
      element 'Foo'.

      I'm using the following script:

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, 'load', function() {
      var tt = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip('ttFoo', { text:'My text...',
      context:'Foo', showdelay:1750, hidedelay:500, autodismissdelay:30000 });

      tt.align('bl', 'tr');
      });

      I've also tried passing an array in the context property without
      success. Is this not supported on Tooltip? Maybe I need to turn off
      preventoverlap?
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
        mbolesta,

        Tooltip positioning is not configurable; the syntax you're looking at is part of the Overlay class — and although Tooltip inherits from Overlay, it overrides that positioning.

        You might want to consider using a simple Overlay or a Panel to accomplish the effect you're seeking here.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library