Re: [ydn-javascript] Tab - dataSrc: Can a panel have dataSrc? If so, is it a good idea?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      isanamespace,

      The Connection Manager (XHR) approach you describe, followed by innerHTML of the responseText, is the closest analog to what we're doing in TabViewPanel doesn't have that functionality currently, but we intend to add it in a future release.

      The biggest thing to be aware of with this approach is that inline <script> tags won't be evaluated in your innerHTML block.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Jan 29, 2007, at 11:54 AM, isanamespace wrote:

      Hi:

      I only see a dataSrc option available for tabs.
      Is it possible to do this with a panel -- and if so, is it even a good
      idea?

      Digging through the code it seems that Tabs use innerHTML to inbed the
      page specified in dataSrc. Doesn't innerHTML break the DOM in certain
      ways?

      What I'm trying to do is create panels dynamically.

      The options I thought of so far:

      Use an iframe: panel.setBody("<iframe>...");
      Use a php include: panel.setBody("<?stripcslashes(include('foo.php')..")
      Use dataSrc: create an ajax call to fetch foo.php and set
      node.innerHTML = o.reponseText