Grids.css: problems with using tables in IE6

  • Edwin Hautus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2007
      Hi,

      I am using grids.css with
      - body size: 100%
      - body columns: Sidebar left 160px.

      I have a table in the main body. I want the table to fill up the body,
      so I have given it width:100%.

      It works fine in Firefox and Opera, but IE6 makes a mess of the layout.

      Here's a simple reproduction scenario.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html>
      <head>
      <title>Test</title>
      <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
      href="css/reset-fonts-grids.css"/>

      </head>
      Left</div>
      <caption>caption</caption>
      Main

      In this case the problem can be fixed by removing the caption, but
      that is not always the solution.

      Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

      Thanks for any help,

      Edwin Hautus