Dialog take time to show up when many 's are defined in a page.

  • jraulrb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2007
      Hi everybody:

      I have a report in html format, each row is formated using <div> and
      and each column has a button to open a dialog to upload files with
      information related with the column.
      When a button is clicked a dialog is show up to display an html page
      inside an iframe to manage the loading/delete/view of documents.
      When I have only few rows in my report and click on any button the
      dialog open really quick and render the html page quick too, but when
      there are more than 50 rows in the report the dialog is taking time to
      show up and the page take the same time to render.
      I just change the logic to define the content of the html page inside
      the <div> definition on the <bd> section but is took the same amount
      of time to show up the dialog.
      Any idea?

      Thanks you

      jr
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2007
        JR -

        Are you creating all of the Dialog instances (one for
        each row) upfront? Or are you creating them on the
        fly as the user clicks on the button? If it is the
        latter, then I'd consider creating them on the fly and
        then destroying them in response to the "hideEvent."
        That should keep the memory consumption low and make
        the dialog display speed faster.

        - Todd

        --- jraulrb <jraulrb@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody:
        >
        > I have a report in html format, each row is formated
        > using <div> and
        > and each column has a button to open a dialog to
        > upload files with
        > information related with the column.
        > When a button is clicked a dialog is show up to
        > display an html page
        > inside an iframe to manage the loading/delete/view
        > of documents.
        > When I have only few rows in my report and click on
        > any button the
        > dialog open really quick and render the html page
        > quick too, but when
        > there are more than 50 rows in the report the dialog
        > is taking time to
        > show up and the page take the same time to render.
        > I just change the logic to define the content of the
        > html page inside
        > the <div> definition on the <bd> section but is took
        > the same amount
        > of time to show up the dialog.
        > Any idea?
        >
        > Thanks you
        >
        > jr
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

      • jraulrb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2007
          Todd:

          I have only one dialog, created at onload event.

          I'm reusing this dialog, for each page I need to show.

          I just set the iframe.src inside the dialog to reference
          the new page to be shown.

          jr

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Todd Kloots <kloots@...>