TabView - adding more than 5 tabs

  • warebiz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2007
      Using the TabView code straight out of the box, if you add more than 5
      tabs, the additional tabs seem to wrap to a new line.

      [tab1] [tab2] [tab3] [tab4] [tab5]
      [tab6]

      Is this default behavior? If so, is there a way to change it so that
      more than 5 tabs can be rendered in a single row?

      Thanks.
    • Jason Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2007
        I had the same problem, but it wasn't a TabView problem.  I think you need to look at the size of the enclosing container.  I had mine on a page using the YUI grids with a 240px right column.  Once I removed that column, which I wasn't using anyway, and let the enclosing DIV fill the page, the TabView rendered correctly.

        -----
        Jason Lee, SCJP
        Programmer/Analyst

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2007
          That was exactly the problem. Oversight on my part so thank you.

          For anyone else that's curious, in the basic_from_js.html example,
          here's the css that restricts the demo width:

          #demo { width:30em; }
          #demo .yui-content { padding:1em; } /* pad content container */