Re: [ydn-javascript] event execution order difference for Event.addListener between IE & Firefox

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2006
      On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:31:24AM -0000, Chris wrote:
      > I ran into a problem when trying to use Event.addListener in 2
      > different ways. The problem is the execution order is different for
      > IE and Firefox. Here's the detail:

      If you register multiple events of the same type on the same element, the
      order the listeners may not be the same from one browser to the next. Most
      browsers execute the listeners in the order they were registered, but
      IE does not.

      CustomEvent does execute its listeners in order. If you need to guarantee
      the order, you can create a custom event to wrap the DOM event.

      -Adam