Grid widget?

  • falconair78
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
      Can we expect a grid (data table) widget in the next release? Obviously HTML table already
      exists but I mean a widget that allows sorting, show/hide columns, re-order columns, etc.
      I'm looking for a good framework which I can extend for my own (fairlly specific) needs.

      (I noticed that the calendar widget makes heavy use of html tables, make me hopeful ;) )
    • jophof007
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006

        We used activewidgets GPL 1.0 see http://www.activewidgets.com
        One nasty thing with activewidgets is changed to a license structure.

        You can see demo at our site

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "falconair78" <shahbazc@...> wrote:

        > Can we expect a grid (data table) widget in the next release?
        Obviously HTML table already
        > exists but I mean a widget that allows sorting, show/hide columns,
        re-order columns, etc.
        > I'm looking for a good framework which I can extend for my own
        (fairlly specific) needs.

        > (I noticed that the calendar widget makes heavy use of html tables,
        make me hopeful ;) )

      • falconair78
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
          Thanks, but I'm actually more interested in the framework surrounding
          Yahoo's Grid widget (if one ever comes into existence). I need to add
          on quite a bit of functionality which I don't expect any existing
          widget to have. I'm basically looking to drink the Yahoo UI kool aid
          :) I already like the fact that YUI is a professionally developed api
          backed by a large company. If they release a few more widgets and
          perhaps communicate a little more regarding the future roadmap, I'll
          have no reason to look at other javascript apis.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jophof007" <jophof007@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > We used activewidgets GPL 1.0 see http://www.activewidgets.com
          > One nasty thing with activewidgets is changed to a license structure.
          >
          > You can see demo at our site
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "falconair78" <shahbazc@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Can we expect a grid (data table) widget in the next release?
          > Obviously HTML table already
          > > exists but I mean a widget that allows sorting, show/hide columns,
          > re-order columns, etc.
          > > I'm looking for a good framework which I can extend for my own
          > (fairlly specific) needs.
          > >
          > > (I noticed that the calendar widget makes heavy use of html tables,
          > make me hopeful ;) )

        • jophof007
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006

            Your reasons for using Yahoo I also see. But indeed there is no future
            roadmap I asked in the forum and no answere from yahoo people. If I
            compare with dojo (http://www.dojotoolkit.org) dojo is more eleaborate
            and also wants to make a datawidget (they have sortable tables
            already) but the Yahoo API is less difficult to use and has better
            examples and documentation to start with.

            John Ophof
            http://open-modeling.sourceforge.net