YAHOO.util.Dom.get() breaks in IE 6 and 7 when the js variable name == the id

  • Daniel Talsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      I'm not sure if this is really where bug reports go, but I'm wondering
      if anyone can confirm this is a bug, or at least a deficiency in
      documentation.

      When I try a line of code like this:
      <code>
      imadiv = YAHOO.util.Dom.get('imadiv');
      </code>

      It works fine in FF/win, but IE gives me a "Object property not
      supported" error. If I change the variable name to sometime other
      than the element's ID, then it works fine. (Note that I see the same
      behavior for document.getElementById()). Perhaps util.Dom.get could
      use one little extra check for this?

      Daniel