YUI Context Menu Appearing below Browser Context Menu

  • kcak11
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi,

      I am using the YUI Context Menu. The problem is that the context menu
      is appearing below the browser menu. I am using Firefox 2.0. Also the
      context menu throws an error sometimes "Too much Recursion".

      I am unable to understand the problem.

      Please Help.

      Ashish.
    • kavithapronet
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hii Ashish,,

        even i got problemm like that,,that will be because of some alignment
        with CSS or else u need to set context alignment as{tr,tl} while
        initiating Contextmenu or else thru setProperty method

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kcak11" <kcak11@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am using the YUI Context Menu. The problem is that the context menu
        > is appearing below the browser menu. I am using Firefox 2.0. Also the
        > context menu throws an error sometimes "Too much Recursion".
        >
        > I am unable to understand the problem.
        >
        > Please Help.
        >
        > Ashish.

      • kcak11
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
          Hi,

          Can you please tell me what context alignment [tr,tl] means ?
          And also how to set that property.

          Ashish.
        • Rachelina De Sensi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
            i have install the new yahoo messenger with its contents and internet
            explorer, it wont allow me in yahoo chat through messenger,

            i want to uinstall this and reload the old yahoo messenger, as the new
            have a bug in it

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kcak11" <kcak11@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I am using the YUI Context Menu. The problem is that the context menu
            > is appearing below the browser menu. I am using Firefox 2.0. Also the
            > context menu throws an error sometimes "Too much Recursion".
            >
            > I am unable to understand the problem.
            >
            > Please Help.
            >
            > Ashish.

          • kcak11
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
              Hi,

              I request you to be carefull while you post messages on YUI forum,
              because your reply is totally out of the context as yahoo messenger
              has nothing to do with YUI Context menu. This will lead to confusion
              in the forums threads.

              Ashish
            • kavithapronet
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                Hii Ashish,,

                Itz a property of contextMenu,you have some more properties which can
                be set for alignment of menu and submenu,,refer API documentation,,

                ,upon setting the target,if u specify these properties while creating
                the menu itself,,it will align

                example is

                menu = new YAHOO.widget.ContextMenu(id, {trigger : target ,context
                :[target, "tl","bl"]});

                hope u understood

                Kavitha
                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kcak11" <kcak11@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Can you please tell me what context alignment [tr,tl] means ?
                > And also how to set that property.
                >
                > Ashish.

              • Todd Kloots
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
                  Hi Ashish -

                  What version of YUI are you using? Are you using any
                  Firefox extensions? If so, which ones? I've
                  discovered that certain extensions will cause this
                  problem. Lastly, can you please provide an example so
                  that I can help you debug?

                  Thanks,
                  Todd

                  --- kcak11 <kcak11@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I am using the YUI Context Menu. The problem is that
                  > the context menu
                  > is appearing below the browser menu. I am using
                  > Firefox 2.0. Also the
                  > context menu throws an error sometimes "Too much
                  > Recursion".
                  >
                  > I am unable to understand the problem.
                  >
                  > Please Help.
                  >
                  > Ashish.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  > (Yahoo! ID required)

                • Todd Kloots
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
                    Ashish -

                    The "context" configuration property is documented
                    both in the API documentation as well as the landing
                    page for menu in the section titled "Menu
                    Configuration Properties"

                    Here is the definition from that page:

                    Allows a menu to be anchored to a context element. The
                    format is: [element, elementCorner, contextCorner],
                    where "element" is an element or element id, and the
                    corner parameters are either "tr" (top right), "tl"
                    (top left), "br" (bottom right), or "bl" (bottom
                    left).

                    http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#configreference

                    - Todd