RE: [ydn-javascript] Fieldset HTML tag not working

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi Murali,

      By "doesn't support fieldset tag" I think you mean "when I add a fieldset to
      the page, its normal border and padding don't show up." If I'm
      misunderstanding, please clarify. If not, keep reading.

      Most YUI examples, including the Dialog example in Container[1], are built
      upon YUI's CSS foundation, which includes YUI Reset[2]. YUI Reset normalizes
      the default rendering of HTML elements, and in the case of fieldset applies
      these rules[3]:

      fieldset {
      margin:0;
      padding:0;
      border:0;
      }

      Therefore, you must apply your own style rules to fieldset for it to have a
      visual impact on the page.

      [1] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog/solution.html
      [2] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/reset/
      [3] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/reset/#code

      Thanks,
      Nate

      > Off late, I have noticed that the panel including Dialog of
      > YUI container doesn't support fieldset tag. These tags are
      > simply ignored. Does anyone know the reason?
      >
      > Is something wrong with one of the css files included?
      >
      > Any pointers would be of immense help.
    • Muralidhar Chapa
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        Thanks Nate.

        Wow !! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for mentioning the css file name as well. To be very frank, I was so much bothered about implementing the functionality and use of YUI Panel that I didn't do a search and figure out the CSS style set for fieldset. Now after you confirmed, I think that was easy. ;) How could I miss that?

        Thanks Again.

        Regards,

        http://mail.yahoo.com