Fieldset HTML tag not working

  • Muralidhar Chapa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hello Everyone,

      Warm wishes for the new year.

      Off late, I have noticed that the panel including Dialog of YUI container doesn't support fieldset tag. These tags are simply ignored. Does anyone know the reason?

      Is something wrong with one of the css files included?

      Any pointers would be of immense help.

      Regards,
      Murali

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hi Murali,

        By "doesn't support fieldset tag" I think you mean "when I add a fieldset to
        the page, its normal border and padding don't show up." If I'm
        misunderstanding, please clarify. If not, keep reading.

        Most YUI examples, including the Dialog example in Container[1], are built
        upon YUI's CSS foundation, which includes YUI Reset[2]. YUI Reset normalizes
        the default rendering of HTML elements, and in the case of fieldset applies
        these rules[3]:

        fieldset {
        margin:0;
        padding:0;
        border:0;
        }

        Therefore, you must apply your own style rules to fieldset for it to have a
        visual impact on the page.

        [1] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog/solution.html
        [2] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/reset/
        [3] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/reset/#code

        Thanks,
        Nate

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
          Thanks Nate.

          Wow !! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for mentioning the css file name as well. To be very frank, I was so much bothered about implementing the functionality and use of YUI Panel that I didn't do a search and figure out the CSS style set for fieldset. Now after you confirmed, I think that was easy. ;) How could I miss that?

          Thanks Again.