Re: Help getting tree working!

  • Felix Rabinovich
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
      I can second that! It seems to me that creating TextNode in
      handleSuccess() doesn't do anything on the screen.

      I haven't done a stand-alone snippet (my code is in tpl files talking
      to PHP on the server), but FireBug shows that the values in the new
      YAHOO.widget.TextNode() call are all good. In fact, I just call

      var tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode(
      { label: "Success", href: "main.php"}, tree.getRoot(), false);

      I see that the code gets executed - but there is nothing on the screen :(

      Is there any example that has TreeView/Connection Manager combination?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "smeep2k4" <wilsondr@...> wrote:
      > The only problem I found overall is that I had to learn alot about how
      > the YUI components work because there is absolutely no documentation
      > anywhere that shows a TreeView/Connection Manager combination. Sure,
      > there are articles that talk about it and how cool it is to have both
      > in the same application, but try actually finding example code. Nada!
    • Alan Pinstein
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 9, 2007
        Thanks for this idea... I just figured out how to do this part in practice. I've posted a live example if others are interested:

        The key is setting:

        node.dynamicLoadComplete = true;

        On nodes that you're certain have no kids.

        This *greatly* improves the interface! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

        Thanks,
        Alan

        On Jan 2, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Eric Miraglia wrote:

        I would just add one item, though, to the mix: In a fully dynamic tree where all data lives on the server side, when you expand a node you will go to the server to get a list of children for that node.  This is the "classic" usage pattern.  However, you can ask the server, when returning child nodes for an expanding node, to also return a child count for each new child.  New children who themselves have no children can be created as leaf nodes, dynamic loading can be turned off for those nodes, etc.