Drag/Drop Constraint Problem (again)

  • k2heikkila
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
      Sorry for the dup post, but I didn't get any responses back on this,
      and with everyone out on holiday last week...

      I am setting a drag/drop constraint for multiple divs in a page:

      draggableItems[itemId].setXConstraint(1000,1000,gridSize);
      draggableItems[itemId].setYConstraint(1000,1000,gridSize);

      However, after I set the constraint I can no longer drag down or to
      the right, only up and to the left. With the constraint off I can
      drag anywhere on the page.

      Has anyone seen something like this? I'm using version 012.
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
        k2heikkila,

        We may need more information or a fuller test case to help you on this; have you been able to reduce the case down further where the bug is isolated?

        When I do a simple case based on your code, I get the expected behavior (able to drag in all directions):

        <script>

                function init()
                {
        var test = new YAHOO.util.DD("div1");
                test.setXConstraint(1000,1000,20);
        test.setYConstraint(1000,1000,20);

                }

                YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", init );
        </script>

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
          Well, my environment is pretty complex and would have been hard to
          post, so I did some more sleuthing on my own:

          What was happening is I was passing in a string of 50 instead of an
          int. The odd thing is the max/min X/Y properties were getting set
          fine (they are ints), and the arrays of xTicks/yTicks only built up
          half way and then all of a sudden you see a string in the middle of
          the array and it stops. So, my fault, but might be nice to have a bit
          of checking on the yui side for this, as well.

          Thanks for looking into this.

          Kelly