Is it possible to have fixed column sizes?

  • Sasa Ebach
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007

      I am wondering if it is possible to have columns that don't grow if the
      font-size is changed (zooming in browser). Since the widths of the
      containers are defined in ems this seems rather unlikely. Layouts get
      rather complicated if everything has to be done considering zoominess.

      -sasa
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi Sasa,

        YUI Grids doesn't provide a way to turn off this flexibility. Though I
        haven't personally attempted it, I suppose you could replace the width im
        EMs with an appropriate pixel value. The info and math at this link should
        get you started:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/#custom_page_width

        Thanks,
        Nate