Process multiple checkboxes

  • fwannall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      I have a page with multiple checkboxes with associated ajax code to
      process each checkbox when selected.

      I have a need to process all checkboxes one at a time when a 'master'
      checkbox is selected.

      Does yui contain controls/utilities that can do this?

      TIA
      Frank
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        Frank,

        Absolutely.

        Use the Event Utility to listen for the change event on your master check box.

        In your event handler for that event, use Connection Manager's setForm() method against the <form> element containing all of your various check box controls; it will roll up that data for you.  Then use Connection Manager's asyncRequest() method to send the data to the server (still within your event handler).

        Lots of documentation on all these steps can be found in the writeup and examples for each component.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library