Re: Needed Ways to load menu faster

  • kavithapronet
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hiii Todd,,,

      I am using Context menu,,now 12.0.1 version,,

      I have given a hyperlink and i am loading menu on mouseover event upon
      hyperlink

      ya,,lazyload i used,,but even menu is slower,,especially in IE

      and it takes lot of time to load and appear if menuitems are more

      Any other ways r there?Just wanted to make sure

      Thank You

      > What version of the Menu library are you using? As of
      > 0.12 Menu has a "lazyload" configuration property that
      > will help load time performance by deferring the
      > rendering of submenus until they are made visible.
      > Also - what sort of menu are you creating? Is it a
      > context menu for a button? Can you provide an
      > example? The more info you can provide the better.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Todd
      >
      > --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hii All,,,,
      > >
      > > I am using yui menu
      > >
      > > Menu loads very slowly,,especially in IE,i am
      > > onMouseOver event of button,,
      > >
      > > so,I tried to load menu in onLoad event giving
      > > target as null
      > >
      > > It works,,now menu loads faster,,but whole page
      > > loads very slower
      > >
      > > We are worried about the performance of page while
      > > pages contain huge amount of data
      > >
      > > Can anybody help me in this regard????
      > >
      > > Thank you
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > > (Yahoo! ID required)
      > >
      > > mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    • kengineering
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2007
        I have noticed an issue with Menu speed also, and have a sample for you:

        http://kensystem.com/example08.html

        This is the examples/menu/example08.html file, with 311 nodes and 270
        leafs added to it - not a very outrageous number IMO but runs very
        slow on FF and *especially* on IE. On FF it takes ~20 seconds on my
        2Ghz machine, and basically hangs IE. IE (maybe FF too) seems to
        suffer from exponential slowdowns, the larger the menu gets.

        ken
      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
          Ken,

          The link that you sent appears to be broken. Can you
          send again?

          Thanks,
          Todd

          --- kengineering <ken@...> wrote:

          > I have noticed an issue with Menu speed also, and
          > have a sample for you:
          >
          > http://kensystem.com/example08.html
          >
          > This is the examples/menu/example08.html file, with
          > 311 nodes and 270
          > leafs added to it - not a very outrageous number IMO
          > but runs very
          > slow on FF and *especially* on IE. On FF it takes
          > ~20 seconds on my
          > 2Ghz machine, and basically hangs IE. IE (maybe FF
          > too) seems to
          > suffer from exponential slowdowns, the larger the
          > menu gets.
          >
          > ken
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)

        • kengineering
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
            Try this one please.
            http://kensystem.com/example08.html

            Note that this is just the file, without any of yui includes, so you'd
            have to install it over the one in the examples dir.

            Thx,
            ken

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 11, 2007
              Sorry, I typoed -- this should be:

              http://kensystem.com/example08.zip

              Ken
            • Todd Kloots
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
                Ken -

                That URL doesn't work either. Are you still
                experiencing this problem? Have you looked that the
                menu examples that use the "lazyload" configuration
                property? Enabling lazy loading should greatly
                improve the initialization and rendering time for you.

                http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/

                - Todd