Re: [ydn-javascript] Needed Ways to load menu faster

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2006
      What version of the Menu library are you using? As of
      0.12 Menu has a "lazyload" configuration property that
      will help load time performance by deferring the
      rendering of submenus until they are made visible.
      Also - what sort of menu are you creating? Is it a
      context menu for a button? Can you provide an
      example? The more info you can provide the better.

      Thanks,
      Todd

      --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@...> wrote:

      > Hii All,,,,
      >
      > I am using yui menu
      >
      > Menu loads very slowly,,especially in IE,i am
      > onMouseOver event of button,,
      >
      > so,I tried to load menu in onLoad event giving
      > target as null
      >
      > It works,,now menu loads faster,,but whole page
      > loads very slower
      >
      > We are worried about the performance of page while
      > pages contain huge amount of data
      >
      > Can anybody help me in this regard????
      >
      > Thank you
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      > (Yahoo! ID required)

    • kavithapronet
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hiii Todd,,,

        I am using Context menu,,now 12.0.1 version,,

        I have given a hyperlink and i am loading menu on mouseover event upon
        hyperlink

        ya,,lazyload i used,,but even menu is slower,,especially in IE

        and it takes lot of time to load and appear if menuitems are more

        Any other ways r there?Just wanted to make sure

        Thank You

        > What version of the Menu library are you using? As of
        > 0.12 Menu has a "lazyload" configuration property that
        > will help load time performance by deferring the
        > rendering of submenus until they are made visible.
        > Also - what sort of menu are you creating? Is it a
        > context menu for a button? Can you provide an
        > example? The more info you can provide the better.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Todd
        >
        > --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hii All,,,,
        > >
        > > I am using yui menu
        > >
        > > Menu loads very slowly,,especially in IE,i am
        > > onMouseOver event of button,,
        > >
        > > so,I tried to load menu in onLoad event giving
        > > target as null
        > >
        > > It works,,now menu loads faster,,but whole page
        > > loads very slower
        > >
        > > We are worried about the performance of page while
        > > pages contain huge amount of data
        > >
        > > Can anybody help me in this regard????
        > >
        > > Thank you
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >
        > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        > >
        > > mailto:ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • kengineering
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2007
          I have noticed an issue with Menu speed also, and have a sample for you:

          http://kensystem.com/example08.html

          This is the examples/menu/example08.html file, with 311 nodes and 270
          leafs added to it - not a very outrageous number IMO but runs very
          slow on FF and *especially* on IE. On FF it takes ~20 seconds on my
          2Ghz machine, and basically hangs IE. IE (maybe FF too) seems to
          suffer from exponential slowdowns, the larger the menu gets.

          ken
        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
            Ken,

            The link that you sent appears to be broken. Can you
            send again?

            Thanks,
            Todd

            --- kengineering <ken@...> wrote:

            > I have noticed an issue with Menu speed also, and
            > have a sample for you:
            >
            > http://kensystem.com/example08.html
            >
            > This is the examples/menu/example08.html file, with
            > 311 nodes and 270
            > leafs added to it - not a very outrageous number IMO
            > but runs very
            > slow on FF and *especially* on IE. On FF it takes
            > ~20 seconds on my
            > 2Ghz machine, and basically hangs IE. IE (maybe FF
            > too) seems to
            > suffer from exponential slowdowns, the larger the
            > menu gets.
            >
            > ken
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            > (Yahoo! ID required)

          • kengineering
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 10, 2007
              Try this one please.
              http://kensystem.com/example08.html

              Note that this is just the file, without any of yui includes, so you'd
              have to install it over the one in the examples dir.

              Thx,
              ken

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 11, 2007
                Sorry, I typoed -- this should be:

                http://kensystem.com/example08.zip

                Ken
              • Todd Kloots
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
                  Ken -

                  That URL doesn't work either. Are you still
                  experiencing this problem? Have you looked that the
                  menu examples that use the "lazyload" configuration
                  property? Enabling lazy loading should greatly
                  improve the initialization and rendering time for you.

                  http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/

                  - Todd