Re: [ydn-javascript] 0.12.1 yuimenu - problem in mouseOver event

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2006
      I'd be happy to help you debug this if you could
      provide a code sample.

      Thanks.

      - Todd

      --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@...> wrote:

      > Hii all,
      >
      > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
      > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version in
      > menu.js,,
      >
      > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon
      > menu items,,menu
      > disappears
      >
      > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was
      > working fine.
      >
      > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then
      > rendering the menu
      >
      > menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu,
      > true);
      > menu.render(document.body);
      >
      > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
      >
      > Plz reply
      >
      > Thank You
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      > (Yahoo! ID required)

    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2006
        "bubbarubadub" -

        What issues are you experiencing with 0.12.1? Can you
        please provide an explanation, code sample and file
        the bugs via SourceForge so that I can fix the issues?

        Thanks,
        Todd

        --- bubbarubadub <randall.toepfer@...>
        wrote:

        > I am experiencing several issues with the OS style
        > menu in 0.12.1 as
        > well. I opted to upgrade the rest of the library
        > but keep the
        > previous menu version.
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com,
        > "kavithapronet"
        > <kavithapronet@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hii all,
        > >
        > > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
        > > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version
        > in menu.js,,
        > >
        > > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon
        > menu items,,menu
        > > disappears
        > >
        > > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was
        > working fine.
        > >
        > > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then
        > rendering the menu
        > >
        > > menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu,
        > true);
        > > menu.render(document.body);
        > >
        > > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
        > >
        > > Plz reply
        > >
        > > Thank You
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

      • kavithapb pujar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
          Hiiiiii kloots,,,

          I am using ContextMenu,,and framing the menu upon mouseOver event of a hyperlink,,,

          This is the function called upon mouseOver event of hyperlink,,

          function buttonMouseOver(evt, id) {

              evt = (evt) ? evt : ((window.event) ? window.event : "");
                if (evt) {
                  var target = (evt.target) ? evt.target : evt.srcElement;
                  if (target.tagName == "IMG") {
                      target = target.parentNode;
                  }
                  var ele = toolsCache[id];
                  if (! ele) {
                           ele = loadMenu(id, target);
                            ele.show();
                  } else {
                          ele.show();
            } } }

          in loadMenu() i am creating the context menu passing id and target,,

          loadMenu(id,target){
               menu = new YAHOO.widget.ContextMenu(id,  {trigger : target});
              menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu, true);
              menu.render(document.body);
          }

          As u said in relase Notes u are focussing initially upon menuitem on menuLaod,,itz directly calling mouseOutEvent  and menu is disappearing

          Hope you got idea about my problem,,

          In Another way,,,, is if i specify hideDelay,,then submenus will go,,but still mainMenu doesn't disappear

          I dont know where to submit example,,please provide link to submit example so that you can have better idea about my problem

          Waiting for Reply,,,,,,

          Thank You

          --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@ yahoo.co. in> wrote:

          > Hii all,
          >
          > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
          > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version in
          > menu.js,,
          >
          > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon
          > menu items,,menu
          > disappears
          >
          > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was
          > working fine.
          >
          > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then
          > rendering the menu
          >
          > menu.mouseOutEvent. subscribe( onMenuMouseOut, menu,
          > true);
          > menu.render( document. body);
          >
          > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
          >
          > Plz reply
          >
          > Thank You
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > mailto:ydn-javascript- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
            I think that you are over complicating things by
            creating your context menu in response to a
            "mouseover" event. The easiest to improve performance
            way would be to use the "onAvailable" method of the
            Event utility to track when your hyperlink becomes
            available in the DOM and then instantiate your context
            menu in response. I have created an example for you:

            http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v0121/examples/menu/example02.php

            I hope that helps.

            - Todd

            http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php