Re: Scroll event only triggers once per event.

  • jcobbers
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2006
      Hi Tommy,

      I hope we can help you. Could you post an example of your code you are
      using?

      Thanks.

      My initial guess is you are having the event that fires it the hover
      event. Thus after you've hovered once, it'll scroll by X pixels and
      then stop.

      Just off the top of my head, I'm pretty new to YUI: Could you somehow
      have your own function that continuously scrolls.

      If nothing else, I hope I've bumped your post towards the top of the
      list again (-;

      jonathan

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tommykim07"
      <blademaster_orcs@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to make a custom scroller where the user can hover their
      > mouse over an arrow and it will scroll the window down. I tried
      > getting this effect with the scroll method from the animation
      > examples. I tried to use the "by" attribute so that it will scroll by
      > 40px when the mouse is over the arrow picture. However, I noticed that
      > it only triggers once and it scrolls the text down by 40px then stops
      > even though the mouse is still over the arrow picture. I have to take
      > the mouse off of it then move it back for it to scroll down another
      40px.

      > Is there a way I can have it keep calling it while the mouse is over
      > the arrow picture? And when the mouse if off it will stop scrolling??

    • tommykim07
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        Here is an example of the code I'm working with. Basically when the
        mouse is over TopScrollBar it should scroll YahooMessengerMain up and
        when mouse is over BottomScrollBar it should scroll down. A really
        good example of what I am trying to achieve is the Amazon.com Yahoo
        Messenger Plugin.

        If you have yahoo messenger and load the amazon.com plug in you can
        see that there are arrows on the top and bottom. I have my aspx page
        set up in a similar fashion. However, like you said, it will only
        trigger once per mouseover so I don't get the continuous scrolling.
        Please help me find a way to keep calling this method to keep
        scrolling until mouse is off of the arrows.

        YAHOO.example.moveUp = function() {

        var anim = new YAHOO.util.Scroll('YahooMessengerMain', { scroll: {
        by: [0, -30] } });
        YAHOO.util.Event.on(TopScrollBar, 'mouseover', anim.animate, anim,
        true);

        };

        YAHOO.util.Event.onAvailable('YahooMessengerMain', YAHOO.example.moveUp);

        YAHOO.example.moveDown = function() {

        var anim = new YAHOO.util.Scroll('YahooMessengerMain', { scroll: {
        by: [0, 30] } });

        YAHOO.util.Event.on(BottomScrollBar, 'mouseover', anim.animate,
        anim, true)

        };

        YAHOO.util.Event.onAvailable('YahooMessengerMain',
        YAHOO.example.moveDown);

        I have actually tried putting a while(var x > someNumber) and try keep
        calling var anim = new YAHOO.util.Scroll('YahooMessengerMain', {
        scroll: { by: [0, 30] } }); and keep incrementing x thinking that it
        will keep calling it until x is less then someNumber, but it didn't work.