RE: [ydn-javascript] New to the List

  • Gatten, Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
      Hi, I'm new to the list.

      I've done quite a bit of JavaScripting in the past but not really OO
      type. I've done lots of Java OO. I'm having a hard time getting these
      libs to work. I've used the quick start docs and I'm just needing to
      make sure I'm including the correct src files. The zip I downloaded has
      about 3 or 4 different ones with the same names. Should I also be
      brining in the DragDropMgr file or is there a rule to which dir it goes
      in?

      Thanks in advance,
      Matt
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Gatten, Matt"
        <Matt.Gatten@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to the list.
        >
        > I've done quite a bit of JavaScripting in the past but not really OO
        > type. I've done lots of Java OO. I'm having a hard time getting these
        > libs to work. I've used the quick start docs and I'm just needing to
        > make sure I'm including the correct src files. The zip I downloaded has
        > about 3 or 4 different ones with the same names. Should I also be
        > brining in the DragDropMgr file or is there a rule to which dir it goes
        > in?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Matt

        Use the source in the /build directory -- we should've made this
        clearer in the documentation. This is the production-ready code that
        aggregates the individual .js classes you see in /src. Hope this helps.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Gatten, Matt
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
          So for Drag and Drop could you sketch me out the dir tree and what
          includes to I use? Are they the ones in the documents? Thanks so much!

          Matt Gatten
          Software Engineer - Request Systems
          314-512-4083

          > I've done quite a bit of JavaScripting in the past but not really OO
          > type. I've done lots of Java OO. I'm having a hard time getting
          > these libs to work. I've used the quick start docs and I'm just
          > needing to make sure I'm including the correct src files. The zip I
          > downloaded has about 3 or 4 different ones with the same names.
          > Should I also be brining in the DragDropMgr file or is there a rule to

          > which dir it goes in?
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Matt

          Use the source in the /build directory -- we should've made this clearer
          in the documentation. This is the production-ready code that aggregates
          the individual .js classes you see in /src. Hope this helps.

          Regards,
          Thomas

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Gatten, Matt
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
            Maybe you can help me with this.

            Here is my index.html. Just doing some testing. Sorry to be such a
            pain but I am stuck. :)

            </head>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="js/YAHOO.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="js/event.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="js/dom.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="js/dragdrop.js"></script>

            <link href="css/baseClass.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

            function dragDropInit(){
            var dd = new YAHOO.util.DD('little_box');
            var dd2 = new YAHOO.util.DDTarget('big_box');
            }

            YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", dragDropInit);

            </script>