drag+drop & absolute positioning

  • David Sklar
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      It looks like YAHOO.util.DD() expects that the elements passed to it
      have a "position: absolute" component of their style for the element
      to be dragged (+ dropped).

      I have also been experimenting with the drag+drop bits of Dojo
      (http://manual.dojotoolkit.org/dnd.html) which do not seem to have
      this limitation (and so when you 'drop' an element, its new place in
      the DOM hierarchy comes from where you drop it.)

      Is this sort of behavior possible with YAHOO.util.DD? Am I a nut for
      wanting this sort of behavior?