Re: [ydn-javascript] API Documentation Script?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
      russncraig,

      Up until YUI 0.12.0, we used JSDoc to generate our API documentation.  As of 0.12.0, we switched over to an internal tool written by YUI engineer Adam Moore.  The internal tool is more flexible and robust for our purposes, and Adam wrote into it a really useful filtering/searching control based on Jenny Han's YUI AutoComplete Control.

      The internal tool is not yet ready for public release.  This has come up a few times in the forum; it definitely sounds as though there's some general interest in having this tool made available.  We're working toward that, but I don't have a timeframe yet for an initial release.

      Count on hearing about it here and on YUIBlog when it's ready.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Dec 28, 2006, at 3:15 PM, russncraig wrote:

      We've been creating a number of script classes that extend or build on
      the YUI library. Documentation is beginning to get hairy. What do
      you folks use to generate your API docs, and if it was developed
      in-house, are you willing to distribute it?