grid pagination breaks drag n drop

  • john.bohn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
      Hi, I have a grid with pagination updated from a database. I've
      extended DDProxy to drag and drop the rows.

      I update the grid when I page and when I drag rows off the grid. It
      works mostly but this is an error I get:

      The grid has 5 rows per page. When I drag a row to remove it from the
      grid, the grid is updated but after that, only the last row can be
      dragged. So, for example, if I remove row2 of 5 rows, the grid updates
      from displayng [row1,row2,row3,row4,row5] to
      [row1,row3,row4,row5,row6] but only row6 is draggable. Any row that
      had been created before is no longer draggable (even though I am
      unregistering and instantiatiating anew the rows in the page). If I
      refresh the browser-page all rows are draggable.

      Is this problem even remotely recognizable to someone? What might
      refreshing the browser-page do that unregistering and re-creating
      DDProxy objects (with the same element ID and group) won't do?

      Thanks, JB
    • john.bohn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        hey can someone give me a hand here? I looked in the archive and see
        the problem may relate to "[Message #7167] panel not draggable on
        second invocation":

        "You cannot instantiate a Panel again against the Panel you've already
        created. If you're dynamically creating the Panel... either must
        destroy the Panel after hiding it by calling panel.destroy(), or...
        reuse your existing Panel and only modify the contents of the Panel...
        If you try to create a new Panel against the id of an existing one, it
        can cause unexpected behavior..."

        I am extending DDProxy not Module -- there is no destroy(). How do I
        remove DDProxy objects from the DOM? I set them to null but that
        doesn't work (maybe they haven't been garbage collected yet).

        Thanks, JB