0.12.1 yuimenu - problem in mouseOver event

  • kavithapronet
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2006
      Hii all,

      I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
      I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version in menu.js,,

      if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon menu items,,menu
      disappears

      This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was working fine.

      I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then rendering the menu

      menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu, true);
      menu.render(document.body);

      Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?

      Plz reply

      Thank You
    • bubbarubadub
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2006
        I am experiencing several issues with the OS style menu in 0.12.1 as
        well. I opted to upgrade the rest of the library but keep the
        previous menu version.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kavithapronet"
        <kavithapronet@...> wrote:

        > Hii all,
        >
        > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
        > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version in menu.js,,
        >
        > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon menu items,,menu
        > disappears
        >
        > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was working fine.
        >
        > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then rendering the menu
        >
        > menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu, true);
        > menu.render(document.body);
        >
        > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
        >
        > Plz reply
        >
        > Thank You

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2006
          I'd be happy to help you debug this if you could
          provide a code sample.

          Thanks.

          - Todd

          --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@...> wrote:

          > Hii all,
          >
          > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
          > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version in
          > menu.js,,
          >
          > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon
          > menu items,,menu
          > disappears
          >
          > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was
          > working fine.
          >
          > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then
          > rendering the menu
          >
          > menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu,
          > true);
          > menu.render(document.body);
          >
          > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
          >
          > Plz reply
          >
          > Thank You
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2006
            "bubbarubadub" -

            What issues are you experiencing with 0.12.1? Can you
            please provide an explanation, code sample and file
            the bugs via SourceForge so that I can fix the issues?

            Thanks,
            Todd

            --- bubbarubadub <randall.toepfer@...>
            wrote:

            > I am experiencing several issues with the OS style
            > menu in 0.12.1 as
            > well. I opted to upgrade the rest of the library
            > but keep the
            > previous menu version.
            >
            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com,
            > "kavithapronet"
            > <kavithapronet@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hii all,
            > >
            > > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
            > > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version
            > in menu.js,,
            > >
            > > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon
            > menu items,,menu
            > > disappears
            > >
            > > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was
            > working fine.
            > >
            > > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then
            > rendering the menu
            > >
            > > menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu,
            > true);
            > > menu.render(document.body);
            > >
            > > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
            > >
            > > Plz reply
            > >
            > > Thank You
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            > (Yahoo! ID required)

          • kavithapb pujar
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
              Hiiiiii kloots,,,

              I am using ContextMenu,,and framing the menu upon mouseOver event of a hyperlink,,,

              This is the function called upon mouseOver event of hyperlink,,

              function buttonMouseOver(evt, id) {

                  evt = (evt) ? evt : ((window.event) ? window.event : "");
                    if (evt) {
                      var target = (evt.target) ? evt.target : evt.srcElement;
                      if (target.tagName == "IMG") {
                          target = target.parentNode;
                      }
                      var ele = toolsCache[id];
                      if (! ele) {
                               ele = loadMenu(id, target);
                                ele.show();
                      } else {
                              ele.show();
                } } }

              in loadMenu() i am creating the context menu passing id and target,,

              loadMenu(id,target){
                   menu = new YAHOO.widget.ContextMenu(id,  {trigger : target});
                  menu.mouseOutEvent.subscribe(onMenuMouseOut, menu, true);
                  menu.render(document.body);
              }

              As u said in relase Notes u are focussing initially upon menuitem on menuLaod,,itz directly calling mouseOutEvent  and menu is disappearing

              Hope you got idea about my problem,,

              In Another way,,,, is if i specify hideDelay,,then submenus will go,,but still mainMenu doesn't disappear

              I dont know where to submit example,,please provide link to submit example so that you can have better idea about my problem

              Waiting for Reply,,,,,,

              Thank You

              --- kavithapronet <kavithapronet@ yahoo.co. in> wrote:

              > Hii all,
              >
              > I am using popup menu on mouse over event of yui
              > I have problem in mouseover event in 12.1 version in
              > menu.js,,
              >
              > if i move mouse over menu before i move mouse upon
              > menu items,,menu
              > disappears
              >
              > This problem was not there in 12.0 version,it was
              > working fine.
              >
              > I am subscribing to mouseOver event and then
              > rendering the menu
              >
              > menu.mouseOutEvent. subscribe( onMenuMouseOut, menu,
              > true);
              > menu.render( document. body);
              >
              > Do i need to add anything more in 12.1 version?
              >
              > Plz reply
              >
              > Thank You
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              > (Yahoo! ID required)
              >
              > mailto:ydn-javascript- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

            • Todd Kloots
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
                I think that you are over complicating things by
                creating your context menu in response to a
                "mouseover" event. The easiest to improve performance
                way would be to use the "onAvailable" method of the
                Event utility to track when your hyperlink becomes
                available in the DOM and then instantiate your context
                menu in response. I have created an example for you:

                http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v0121/examples/menu/example02.php

                I hope that helps.

                - Todd

                http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php