Connection Manager & XML DOM newbie

  • bigtreestechman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
      In the Connection Manager description it says that for the success case:
      "an object with the following properties is passed to the callback
      object's success handler: responseXML - The server's response as a XML
      DOM object."

      Can this XML DOM Object be traversed using the usual javascript
      fucntions like responseXML.getElementsByTagName("apple")? More
      generally, I guess, can you treat responseXML as a complete DOM just
      as you would "document"?

      Thanks in advance,
      joe
    • johns@worldwinner.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
        hi

        ( 06.04.05 13:51 -0000 ) bigtreestechman:
        > Can this XML DOM Object be traversed using the usual javascript
        > fucntions like responseXML.getElementsByTagName("apple")?

        yes, you can use all the javascript DOM methods on it.

        and i think if the XML you receive is not well formed, there is no XML
        returned, just text [although this may be browser dependent].

        --
        \js oblique strategy: change nothing and continue with immaculate consistency
      • bigtreestechman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, johns@... wrote:

          <snip>
          > and i think if the XML you receive is not well formed, there is no XML
          > returned, just text [although this may be browser dependent].
          ><snip>

          If my XML is not well formed I don't deserve a DOM ;-)
          Thanks,
          joe