Strange Menu Rendering Problem

  • Ken Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2006
      I have a menu on a page that renders fine when I use
      oMenuBar.render(document.body), but when I leave out the
      "document.body" or put in a string with the name of the DIV where I
      want it to render, it works fine in Firefox but not in MSIE6. In
      MSIE, the information in the menu area displays briefly and then disappears.

      This is using v0.12 and menus generated via JSON. The site is behind
      a corporate firewall, but I will try to generate an example which
      shows the same symptoms to post publicly.

      Ken
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2006
        Hey Ken -

        Are you still experiencing this problem? I wasn't
        able to reproduce this issue in IE 6 or 7. One tip -
        if you are building a menu completely from JavaScript
        you always need to call the "render" method with a
        node reference or id. You can only call "render" with
        no arguments if you are building your menu from
        existing markup. This is covered on the Menu landing
        page under the section titled "Basic Setup."

        I hope that helps.

        - Todd

        --- Ken Robinson <kenrbnsn@...> wrote:

        > I have a menu on a page that renders fine when I use
        >
        > oMenuBar.render(document.body), but when I leave out
        > the
        > "document.body" or put in a string with the name of
        > the DIV where I
        > want it to render, it works fine in Firefox but not
        > in MSIE6. In
        > MSIE, the information in the menu area displays
        > briefly and then disappears.
        >
        > This is using v0.12 and menus generated via JSON.
        > The site is behind
        > a corporate firewall, but I will try to generate an
        > example which
        > shows the same symptoms to post publicly.
        >
        > Ken
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

      • ianitlxndr