Bug with Firefox 1.0.x, treeview, and window load event

  • Cole Tuininga
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2006
      Hey folks - I'm running into a pretty specific problem but I don't
      grok the YUI source well enough to understand the underlying reason
      for this bug. I should probably mention that I am using 0.12.

      I have a page that contains the following:

      (in head)
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/yui/js/yahoo.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/yui/js/event.js"></script>

      (in body)

      <script type="text/javascript">
      function blah() {
      alert("blah");
      }

      val = YAHOO.util.Event.on(window, "load", blah);
      </script>

      This works fine, seemingly.

      The problem is that as soon as I include the treeview code:

      <script type="text/javascript" src="/yui/js/treeview.js"></script>

      The blah function never gets called in Firefox 1.0.x (which, at this
      point I need to support). I've tracked this down to the
      YAHOO.widget.TreeView.preload function. If I disable the
      removeHandler call in that function, the blah callback happens as
      expected.

      It all works fine in Firefox 1.5 and 2.0, even with the treeview
      component loaded.

      Can anybody offer suggestions on why this is broken in 1.0.x and (more
      importantly) how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

      --
      Cole Tuininga
      http://www.tuininga.org/