Re: [ydn-javascript] Totally random problem with menubars

  • srinivasa raghavan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2006
      Hi Jesse,

         I have a similar problem with Menubar. I did the same thing as you did with the topnavfrommarkupwithanim from the YUI examples. It works well if I put all the JS/CSS and the html file in one directory. If I move the same things to appropriate places inside my rails webapp directory, then I get a weird JS Error.

       I posted for help on the same thing here yesterday, but no luck with any solution so far. Either no one ran into these problems or it is not used extensively so far.

      -- Raghavan.

      Jesse Wilbur <jdwilbur@...> wrote:
      I'm not even sure how to describe this problem. I created a menubar
      from markup that works fine when I have as a straight html file. But
      when I drop it into my wordpress installation, something weird starts
      to happen.

      When I reload a page several times in a row, the menu elements with
      submenus don't always seem to catch... That is, they don't have the
      submenu indicator, or seem to recognize that they have submenus at
      all, even though the markup isn't changing! The most confusing part
      about this is that the number of parent menu items that fail varies,
      with no apparent rhyme or reason. Sometimes all four parent items show
      the indicator and the submenus appear. Reload, and maybe 1 of them
      will. Maybe 2. Maybe all 4.

      It's definitely some procedural thing: it's always from top to bottom
      in the code, so the furthest left menu element is the always the first
      one to work.

      Please let me know if that makes any sense. The code is taken straight
      from the
      http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/examples/ menu/topnavfromm arkup.html
      page. Anyone run into a problem like this before? Any ideas about what
      could possibly be happening? I'm going out of my head with this one.

      Thanks,
      jesse