Yahoo UI Library, Prototype, and Rails

  • bigtreestechman
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
      Any thoughts regarding use of the Yahoo UI Library components in a
      Rails application along with the Prototype Library?
      Thanks in advance,
      joe
    • Jeroen van Doorn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
        I'm using it together, but not really intergrated.
        for example:

            YAHOO.util.DD.prototype.endDrag = function(e) {
                new Ajax.Updater(this.id, '/store/cart', {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true});
            };

        Regards,
        Jeroen van Doorn

        On 4/4/06, bigtreestechman <bttman@...> wrote:
        Any thoughts regarding use of the Yahoo UI Library components in a
        Rails application along with the Prototype Library?
        Thanks in advance,
        joe

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Pablo Viojo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
          As long as rails is a "server" technology and Yahoo UI Library is a client one, you should not have any problems.

          I've been using Yahoo and Prototype together without conflicts.

          Pablo Viojo
          pviojo@...
          http://pviojo.net

          On 4/4/06, Jeroen van Doorn <jeroenvdoorn@...> wrote:
          I'm using it together, but not really intergrated.
          for example:

              YAHOO.util.DD.prototype.endDrag = function(e) {
                  new Ajax.Updater( this.id, '/store/cart', {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true});
              };

          Regards,
          Jeroen van Doorn

          On 4/4/06, bigtreestechman < bttman@...> wrote:
          Any thoughts regarding use of the Yahoo UI Library components in a
          Rails application along with the Prototype Library?
          Thanks in advance,
          joe

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • André Didier
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
            Me too. Yahoo! and Prototype works fine. I'm using Java as server-side.

            All the best,
            André Didier

            --
            callto://andredidier