Data Grid of the Yahoo Mail Beta Inbox

  • Ho Ying Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
      I am trying to make a page with a data grid/table like the Yahoo Mail
      Beta Inbox. Which allows the user to drag the scrollbar through the
      long list of rows dynamically. That is not having to page through the
      hundres of results.

      I think it is using Ajax to load data when user drag scrollbar to a
      new range of rows. It seems like a great grid because there is no need
      to implement pagenation. I would like to use the YUI and make
      something similar but I cannot find which component that Yahoo uses to
      make its Mail interface.

      Does anyone has any idea which componenet they use or any way to
      implement this grid? Thank you.
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
        Ho Ying Bill,

        The datagrid functionality in Yahoo! Mail is not a YUI component; at present, YUI does not include this functionality, although we've announcedĀ here in the forums that we're working on a DataTable component to be released in an upcoming feature release.

        Many YUI users have reported great success with Jack Slocum'sĀ DataGrid component, part of a set of extensions he has built on top of the YUI Library; Jack's work, like YUI, is issued under a BSD license.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering