YUI & application/xhtml+xml

  • Stuart Grimshaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
      We serve the application we are writing to Mozilla browsers with a
      mime type of application/xhtml+xml.

      I've noticed several places in the YUI libs where various functions
      are used that aren't available when served like this. For example,
      container.js uses innerHTML, which shouldn't be available, and it also
      uses "elements" to step through the elements of a form, as well as
      other things.

      Now, I could go through and patch the libs to make them exclusively
      use the DOM for this kind of thing, however given the relatively rapid
      release cycle for YUI, I don't want to be having to repeat the
      process, or miss out on all the good stuff in the new releases :-)

      Are there any plans to make the libs use DOM methods throughout, or is
      that not on the cards? For now I've switched our app to just use
      text/html, so I can continue using YUI, but everything outside of the
      will use the DOM functions exclusively so should it be possible to
      simple switch that back over.

      If you create a page that gets served as application/xhtml+xml and try
      to create a context menu you'll see the kind of problem I describe.

      --
      -S

      Sports Photography in South Yorkshire & Derbyshire
      http://www.stuartgrimshaw.co.uk
    • Michael Radziej
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
        Hi Stuart,

        Stuart Grimshaw:
        > We serve the application we are writing to Mozilla browsers with a
        > mime type of application/xhtml+xml.

        I'm in the same situation (and have temporarily switched to
        text/html, too). Though, my knowledge with JavaScript is not so
        deep. But I can offer testing and keeping the patch up to date.

        Michael

        --
        noris network AG - Deutschherrnstra├če 15-19 - D-90429 N├╝rnberg -
        Tel +49-911-9352-0 - Fax +49-911-9352-100

        http://www.noris.de - The IT-Outsourcing Company
      • Gaetano Giunta
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
          For anybody interested, you can find it here:

          It is part of the xmlrpc/jsonrpc debugger:

          Bye
          Gaetano Giunta

        • Gaetano Giunta
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006