Re: FireFox "fixed" background-attachment issue

  • randomjuju
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
      I see.

      Well, you might try adding an event listener to that div's "scroll"
      event and then adjusting the image as appropriate. Maybe something like:

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(myDiv, 'scroll', function(event) {
      YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(myDiv, 'background-position', '0px ' +
      myDiv.scrollTop + 'px') });

      I have this nagging idea that Mozilla doesn't get the onscroll event
      right for some reason, but I forget exactly what it does wrong. A
      workaround might be to poll at regular intervals and update the
      background image that way.

      Neither solution is really pretty, but I suspect they'll get the job done.

      Does that sound sane?

      Thanks!

      -Jon

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mark.deibert"