tabView - Add tabs with javascript, but content using design/layout tool

  • bernie_ott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2006
      I'm wanting to show some other developers the benefits of using the
      YUI utilities... specifically the tabView (for now).

      Our product has it's own HTML Layout/Design tool, and I need the
      developers to be able to design the content for the tabs as they
      normally would.

      However, I want to be able to programatically (using javascript) add
      the tabs to the existing content.

      How can I accomplish this?

      I got it working NOT using javascript.

      However, the demo for creating tabs using javascript seems to be 100%
      javascript, not a mixture.

      Is there some way using the 'content:' property that I can simply
      reference the existing 'groupbox' object that contains the contents
      for a particular tab?
    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
        Hi Bernie,

        Here is an example of how to build from partial markup:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/tabview/basic_from_partial_markup.html

        In that example, the "labels" are parsed from existing markup, while
        "content" is added dynamically.

        You should be able to accomplish your task following this same pattern,
        except in your case you are creating labels dynamically, and parsing
        content from existing markup.

        Matt