Firing an event when calendar is closed

  • carltondickson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006

      Does anybody know how I can fire an event when somebody closes the
      calendar using the close_icon...I have been looking at the events
      below but neither seem to work.

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/calendar/#events
      clearEvent
      resetEvent

      I can get other events to work with no problems...selectEvent and
      changePageEvent with no problems, do the above events even fire when a
      calendar is closed?
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006

        Carlton,

        This particular event doesn’t currently exist, but would make a great feature request. Can you please log it in SourceForge? In the meantime, you can easily add it by defining a new CustomEvent in the YAHOO.widget.Calendar.prototype.initEvents function (along the same lines as the ones already there), and then adding a line to YAHOO.widget.Calendar.prototype.hide along the lines of “this.hideEvent.fire()”. That should give you the functionality that you’re looking for, and is definitely something that should be added in a future release.

        Thanks!!!

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2006
          I think someone beat me to it :)
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1613434&group_id=165715&atid=836479

          I will try what you have suggest though, thanks for you help!