Menu Bug?

  • grump604
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2006

      Sorry I can't demo this easily but I noticed the following problem.
      It seems to be a bug but I don't want to report it falsely so I was
      wondering if anyone could confirm this.

      If I...

      1) create a menu named "category_menu" with multi-level submenus via
      the javascript only progressive-rendering method
      2) kill all events etc. assigned to the menu
      3) destroy the menu with "destroy()"
      4) then try and create a menu with the same name "category_menu" the
      system cries out.

      I can see no particular reason why this would be the case since there
      shouldn't be anything referring to the original menu still in memory.
      This happens on all browsers I've tested against.

      The only "fix" i've found is to add a random salt to the name so that
      it creates a new menu with a new name, but that obviously is just
      avoiding the issue and therefore not a fix at all. :)

      Best Regards,
      Owen
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
        Hey Owen -

        Can you please provide more detail on this one? Or
        better yet send me an simple example file that
        demonstrates how to repro the bug? I don't know what
        you mean by "the system cries out." Do you mean that
        you get a JavaScript error?

        Thanks,
        Todd