Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Help with YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest

  • Stuart Grimshaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
      On 12/11/06, jsoccer555 <jsoccer555@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for the quick response. I do have some sample code I just
      > threw together that works. I was wondering if there is a better way
      > to do this:

      I posted an article on my blog the other day about doing something
      similar, but I wrap the YUI connection object in my own helper class

      http://stubblog.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/yui-div-swap-with-fade/

      I'm currently knocking together a demo page that shows exactly how to
      use it, but it's not that hard to work out, simple do:

      var foo = new connectionWrapper('/path/to/page', 'id');

      where id is the ID of the div you want to put the new content in.

      It also fades any existing content out, and new content in, so you
      need the animation libs too.

      --
      -S

      Sports Photography in South Yorkshire & Derbyshire
      http://www.stuartgrimshaw.co.uk