Autocomplete programatically select item

  • sparkydouglas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
      Is there a way to automatically fire the subscribed function without
      the user having to press enter or select anything? I've have some
      scope creep in the project I was working on and now I am passing a GET
      var to the page and having autocomplete select it, but it won't fire
      the event. How can I do that? Here's what I have, didn't work:

      if(TESTid != -1)
      {
      myAutoComp.sendQuery(id);
      myAutoComp.itemSelectEvent.fire();
      }

      This is a special case where there will only be 1 item for the id
      specified.

      TIA
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
        Hi there,

        You can manually fire the event (be sure you pass the appropriate
        arguments), but it won't actually select any item. The event fires *in
        response to* an item getting selected.

        Hope that helps,
        Jenny

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "sparkydouglas"