sending synchronous requests.

  • Amruta Deshpande
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      How do I send Synchronous requests to server? Is there a method called syncRequest()?

      Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
        Amruta,

        You can send a synchronous request with most XHR libraries -- but not with the XHR library.  We regard the synchronous transaction, which freezes the user interface until execution completes (and can lock up the browser if the transaction is unsuccessful), to be an unacceptable compromise on Yahoo products.

        If you are committed to a synchronous approach, of course, you'll have many code libraries you can turn to for help with that.

        Regards,
        Eric

        On Apr 2, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Amruta Deshpande wrote:

        How do I send Synchronous requests to server? Is there a method called syncRequest()?

        Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

        C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language
        The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS