Re: [ydn-javascript] YAHOO.util.Point question

  • Matt Sweeney
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi Charles,

      YAHOO.util.Point is a subclass of YAHOO.util.Region, which is an object with the properties "top, right, bottom, left".  In the case of a Point, left == right, and top == bottom.

      YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY accepts an array comprised of X and Y coordinates.

      You could either do:
      YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY('searchResults', [100, 100]);
      or
      var pos = new YAHOO.util.Point(100, 100);
      YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY('searchResults', [pos.left, pos.top]);

      This brings up a good point, though.  Perhaps setXY should also accept an object with "top, left" properties.

      Matt

      Charles wrote:

      Hello,

      I’m feeling stupid. Why doesn’t this work?

            var pos = new YAHOO.util.Point(100, 100);

            YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY('searchResults', pos);

      I am able to set the XY of ‘searchResults’ if I first get the XY of another element.

      — Charles

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006

        Thanks, Matt!

        This brings up a good point, though.  Perhaps setXY should also accept an object with "top, left" properties.

        Yeah, it seemed reasonable to expect setXY to accept a Point directly.

        (I’ll probably have several similarly-silly questions over the next couple of months, but hope to be able to contribute answers soon…)