Auto-suggest/auto-search component

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006

      Is anyone here working on an auto-suggest/auto-search component for YUI?

      If so, I’d be interested in working with you on this.

      Thanks,

      — Charles

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006

        Hello,

        I’m feeling stupid. Why doesn’t this work?

              var pos = new YAHOO.util.Point(100, 100);

              YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY('searchResults', pos);

        I am able to set the XY of ‘searchResults’ if I first get the XY of another element.

        — Charles

      • Matt Sweeney
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
          Hi Charles,

          YAHOO.util.Point is a subclass of YAHOO.util.Region, which is an object with the properties "top, right, bottom, left".  In the case of a Point, left == right, and top == bottom.

          YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY accepts an array comprised of X and Y coordinates.

          You could either do:
          YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY('searchResults', [100, 100]);
          or
          var pos = new YAHOO.util.Point(100, 100);
          YAHOO.util.Dom.setXY('searchResults', [pos.left, pos.top]);

          This brings up a good point, though.  Perhaps setXY should also accept an object with "top, left" properties.

          Matt

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006

            Thanks, Matt!

            This brings up a good point, though.  Perhaps setXY should also accept an object with "top, left" properties.

            Yeah, it seemed reasonable to expect setXY to accept a Point directly.

            (I’ll probably have several similarly-silly questions over the next couple of months, but hope to be able to contribute answers soon…)