Re: Poser

  • sirshannon
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
      I think what you want to do is to put a javascript function in your
      "session timed out, please sign in again" page that is called when the
      page has loaded.

      Let's call the function "bustFrames".

      Inside a script block, add a function called bustFrames() with this code:
      <script type="text/javascript">
      function bustFrames() {
      if (top.location.href != location.href) {
      top.location.href=location.href;
      </script>

      That will check to see if the outermost window's address is the
      address of the page. Because the "session timed out" page is in an
      iframe, the script will see that the url of the outermost page (the
      one the user sees in the browser's address bar) is not equal to the
      "session timed out" page's url and will 'correct' that situation.

      To call this when the page has finished loading, in the body tag of
      your "session timed out" page, add
      onload="bustFrames();"

      You can do this many other ways, but this way will work and uses
      Javascript (and thus stays somewhat on topic).

      Let me know if anyone has a better way or if this does/does not work
      for you.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "johnnysidmouth"
      <JOHNNYAITCH@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I am quite new to the world of HTML/Javascript having come from an
      > iSeries/AS400/RPG background. So apologies in advance if my
      > terminology is poor or the problem is easily fixed. Here goes:-)
      >
      > We are close to going live with our first inhouse website development
      > but we have a problem that i hope that you can help with.
      >
      > We display a scrolling list of records within the main page using the
      > HTML IFRAME tag. On each each record in this list it's possible to
      > hit a button to see more about the item in the list.
      >
      > However, if on hitting the button the user's session has timed out
      > (more than 30 minutes since they last hit a button/link) a screen is
      > displayed prompting them to sign in again. We do not use 'sessions'
      > as such...we log on our main server when a user last hit a
      > button/link and if that last time was more then 30 minutes ago then
      > the log entry is removed. When the user next hits a button/link we
      > want to display the sign on screen again.
      >
      > Problem is that the browser displays this sign on screen within the
      > scrollable "iframe window" instead of as a full screen; we want it
      > to 'overwrite' the full screen with the sign on screen and then
      > proceed as if the user had just signed on for the first time.
      >

      > I don't know of a way of making it display the sign on screen as a
      > full screen which is what I'd rather do although I could display a
      > sign on screen within the iframe which I don't want to do or open up
      > a new window which again I do not want to do
      >
      > If they hit a button elsewhere outside of the Iframe and they have
      > timed out then it all works just fine
      >

      > Any suggestions or comments?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > John

    • johnnysidmouth
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
        Many thanks for the response

        In the end I have done away with the iFrame and gone for a scrollable
        table using a Div instead.

        Thanks again

        Johnny

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "sirshannon" <sirshannon@...>