Re: [ydn-javascript] Hide / Show DIV and animate it

  • Ben Long
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hi triopea,

      You can use Dav Glass's super-svelte effects.js to help you get running with YUI animations. View samples and everything you need to get started here: http://blog.davglass.com/files/yui/effects/

      Cheers,
      Ben

      On 12/4/06, tropeanojohn <tropeanojohn@... > wrote:
      Could anyone point me in the right direction of how to show / hide and
      animate an element, sort of like Yahoo does on the front page when you
      roll over the mail tab on the right side?

      I also would like it to "fade" in and out.

      Basically I want a link that when you click, a small information
      paragraph appears below it.

      Thank you.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto: ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • tropeanojohn
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
        Perfect Ben, thank you.

        I will study it now.

        Regards,

        John T.
      • Stuart Grimshaw
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
          On 12/4/06, tropeanojohn <tropeanojohn@...> wrote:

          > Perfect Ben, thank you.
          >
          > I will study it now.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > John T.

          By total coincidence, I've been working on a simple div swapper, I
          just uploaded this blog post,
          http://stubblog.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/yui-div-swap-with-fade/ ,
          it's a simple extension to the example shown on the Yahoo site, but
          with added fades, you could quite easily call it from an onClick event

          -S

          Sports Photography in South Yorkshire & Derbyshire
          http://www.stuartgrimshaw.co.uk
        • tropeanojohn
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Grimshaw"
            <stuart.grimshaw@...> wrote:

            > On 12/4/06, tropeanojohn <tropeanojohn@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Perfect Ben, thank you.
            > >
            > > I will study it now.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > John T.
            >
            > By total coincidence, I've been working on a simple div swapper, I
            > just uploaded this blog post,
            > http://stubblog.wordpress.com/2006/12/04/yui-div-swap-with-fade/ ,
            > it's a simple extension to the example shown on the Yahoo site, but
            > with added fades, you could quite easily call it from an onClick event

            Thank you, Stuart, I sure will have a look at this.