Dynamic forms

  • ingbabic
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hi every1
      I am quite new to YUI, but as far as I can see dialog component
      working very fine. What I need is might be advanced thing. I would
      need to create dialog markup dynamically.
      Dialog markup is how dialog looks like inside:
      <form method="POST" action="../assets/post.php">
      <label for="firstname">First Name:</label><input
      type="textbox" name="firstname" />
      <label for="lastname">Last Name:</label><input
      type="textbox" name="lastname" />
      <label for="email">E-mail:</label><input type="textbox"
      name="email" />
      …
      Now, for example, I am using YUI dialog component from ASP.NET. When
      user clicks a button I want to define layout of my dialog
      dynamically (server side code for example reads dialog definition
      from XML) and present it to the user. So I was able to achieve that
      if I define my dialog markup directly in HTML page it works (like
      specified on examples), but if I want to redefine dialog layout (for
      example, I want that for different kinds of object I am clicking, I
      get different dynamical dialog box). Please answer me if this can be
      done.

      Thanks
      ingbabic